WordPress Dashboard Plugins
For a beginner it must be confusing what are plugins. But those who has minimum knowledge about WordPress knows Why Plugins are an essential part of the site.
So, first of all let’s know what are Plugins ?
Plugins are software components added to a program that enhances the capability. In WordPress, they add new features to the website. WordPress plugins are written in PHP language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress.
10 must have WordPress dashboard Plugins
When a content get published and readers go through it, many times spam comments appear on admin panel for approval. Akismet Anti-spam plugin helps you in detect the spam comments and it also helps by prohibiting spam content from getting published on website. It checks comments and contact form submissions against WordPress’s global database of spam and prevents them.
- Automatically checks every comment and prevent those looks like spam.
- Showcases URLs in the comment body and reveals hidden or misleading links if any.
- A discard feature that blocks the worst spam that saves the disk space and speeds up the website.
- Reveals status history of each comment by which you can easily know which misleading and spam comments were detected by Akismet and which are done by the moderator.
Note: Once activated, it asks to get an Akismet.com API key to use it. Keys are free for personal blogs. For businesses and commercial sites you have to get paid subscriptions.
Elementor is one of the famous and widely used page builder in WrodPress. When talk about a live page builder, with no limits of design that delivers high-end page designs and advanced capabilities, Elementor page builder is the name that comes into mind.
There are 2 versions of Elementor page builder. First one is Elementor and the other is Elementor Pro. Elementor is the free version where as Elementor Pro is the paid one with extra facilities compared to the free one.
You can build and design entire page in the page builder. No header, no footer, just Elementor.
- Free or paid , both version are faster. actually more faster
- Live design and in-line editing facility. You edit the page and simultaneously see exactly how it looks like
- Pre-designed templates and blocks
- Undo, redo facilities available for any action make
- Revision history can be done for entire entries
- Can mark your site offline for maintenance
- Global widgets, Custom CSS and Animated headlines
- Marketing automation and CRM integrations
- Custom fonts and Role manager
- Image & video sliders
WPForms are drag and drop kind of plugin that is gifted from WordPress for creation of contact and other forms without taking help of any developer. It helps you in creating contact forms, feedback form, subscription forms, payment forms, and other types of forms for websites in minutes.
WPForms has a Pro version (paid subscription) that helps you in creating email subscription forms, multi-page contact forms, file uploads, conditional logic, payment integrations, form templates and many more.
WPForms is an absolutely beginners friendly WordPress plugin that is easy to use has proved as a powerful tool.
- Easy to customise and extend
- Can create simple contact forms to payment forms, donation forms and many more
- Survey and Poll can be created easily
- Templates are pre-built
- Drag and drop form builder
Header Footer Code Manager by 99 Robots is a interface to add snippets to the header or footer (above or below) the content of your page.
- Unlimited number of scripts and styles can be added anywhere and on any post / page.
- Multiple device visible option like Show on all Devices, only Desktop or only Mobile Devices
- Having control over where exactly on the page the script is loaded (head, footer, before content, or after content).
- Short codes can be pasted manually
Social media is one of the important factors for any running website. Almost every website has a social site presence to connect with their audience. But to let your website visitors that you are on Social sites too?
Social Media and Share icon plugin is the answer for your query. This plugin helps you in adding options like RSS, Email, Facebok, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest to your web page with accessible share buttons.
- 16 different designs for your social media share icons
- Social media icons can be show as Floating or Sticky
- Allow audiences to subscribe to your blog by Email
- Add ‘counts’ to your social media buttons
- Give several actions to one social media share icon
- Can be displayed as a pop-up
- Easy to use plugin for beginners
It has free as well as premium(paid) version to explore more facilities like more social networks support, more design styles , themed design, optimised for mobile, more functions for email icon and many more.
6. Yoast SEO
Yoast SEO is famous for its readability analysis and its SEO analysis. This plugin helps you with your search engine optimization. Since 2008 it is helping websites to fulfil their SEO needs to get an optimized web page.
There are many websites available under same niche and no doubt most of them are doing well in content. This SEO plugin helps in competing with them and rank on top.
- Helps you keeping your website in perfect shape
- Get more visitors from Google and Bing
- Attract more visitors from social media
- Increase your readers’ engagement
- Optimize for related keywords
- Tell Google exactly what your page is about
- Increase the chances that people actually read your page
- Works in every WordPress editor
- Always updated for Google’s algorithm
Do you remember looking at a table of content of a book before reading the main part of it ? Table of content gives a brief idea about what content are there in the topi and makes it easier for the reader to grasp the core of the content.
When you post a blog you can add the same table of content with the help of Easy Table of Contents plugin. It helps you to insert a table of contents into your posts, pages and custom post types.
- Automatically generate a table of contents for your posts, pages
- Supports the Rank Math plugin
- Supports smooth scrolling
- Selectively enable or disabled the table of contents on a post by post basis
- Choose to display the table of contents hierarchical or not
- Full control of this feature. You can choose to have it hidden by default
- Multiple counter bullet formats to choose from; none, decimal, numeric and roman
How to track the performance and reach of the website is the first question that comes to any web page owner. Site Kit is the official WordPress plugin from Google for insights about how people find and use your site. Site Kit is the one-stop solution to deploy, manage, and get insights from critical Google tools to make the site successful on the web. It gives up-to-date insights from multiple Google products directly on the WordPress dashboard for easy access.
- Easy to understand
- Official statistics from multiple Google tools, all in one dashboard
- Quick setup for multiple Google tools
- Easy-to-manage and different from Google products
Site Kit by Google supports Search Console, Analytics, AdSense, PageSpeed Insights, Tag Manager and Optimize.
Note : Site kit is an open source and completely free.
9. W3 Total Cache
Loaded with PHP scripts sometimes websites get slow and does not work properly. W3 total cache stands as a lifesaver. It is the fastest and most complete WordPress performance optimization plugin
As per WordPress, W3 Total Cache (W3TC) improves the SEO and user experience of your site by increasing website performance and reducing load times by leveraging features like content delivery network (CDN) integration and the latest best practices.
- At least 10X improvement in overall site performance
- Compatible with shared hosting, virtual private / dedicated servers and dedicated servers / clusters
- Mobile support
- It’s free and very effective
Thinking of e-commerce ? Don’t know how to get that full-pledged site as others have?
WooCommerce is here to assist you. It is an open-source eCommerce solution built on WordPress. Whether you’re launching a new business, taking an existing store online, or designing sites for clients you can get started quickly and build exactly the store you want.
You can get
- Product, Cart, and Checkout pages
- Secure payments by credit card and Debit cards and other payment mode
- Configure of shipping options, including flat rates and label printing
- Integrate content and commerce across your site via modular blocks
- Automated tax calculations
- Google Analytics, MailChimp, and Facebook integration
- Central store dashboard with key metrics, and more
Apart from this you can also get some extensions like
- Choose a design to suit your brand and industry.
- Enhance your store with free and paid extensions: add features and integrate with local and global eCommerce web services.
- Inspect and modify any aspect of the core plugin code.
- Leverage hooks and filters to modify functions.
- Build on top of the REST API and web hooks.
WordPress has acquired 35 % of the web cause it understands it customers need. There are numbers of free and paid plugins available on WordPress. You can get many of them for free. But as a beginner don’t forget to give these plugins a try. Share your experience with me. Also feel free to ask your queries. I would love to help.
To read more article related to WordPress