Alibaba is a marketplace, which dominates the Chinese consumer retail industry. It is China’s and by some measure World’s largest Retailer and E-commerce company. The surprising thing is they do not have any inventory from the merchandise. They just connect buyers and sellers.
When most of the companies enjoy today’s success Jack Ma, co-founder and former executive chairman of Alibaba Group believes in thinking ahead of 5 years and acts for that future goal. Alibaba.com is one of its kind and largest online B2B (business-to-business) platform which rules over 200 plus countries.
Most of the commercial site depends on their official website for providing details of their existing and newly arrived products and services. Another way to connect with consumers is the official mobile application. But not all consumers are comfortable with mobile Apps and rely on website browsing. So, well-known E-commerce companies are switching to Web Apps from normal Mobile applications with the help of mobile App developer services.
Why Alibaba chose to become a PWA development company?
Being one of the famous and globally recognized E-commerce companies Alibaba team decided to build their mobile website as PWA to impress their first-time visitor (in a hope to make them visit on regular basis) and repeat users with trustworthy, captivating and fast user experience. When Alibaba upgraded their site to a Progressive Web App, they saw a 76 Percent Increase in total conversions across browsers.
Progressive web Application
What is Progressive Web Application?
Progressive Web Apps are not like any other local Apps, because they are not available on play store or App store. Progressive Web Applications are like a fusion approach of an application which is very similar to a website. It is very easy to use just like any other Apps. The user feels like navigating through regular Apps while surfing on any of the browsers.
As mobile technology become apparent and changing the way of consumer experience on-the-go commerce, famous brands are being focused on enhancing the user experience while using their sites on mobile. This has become an essential part of their success. It gives both easy access to the site on the go and gives immense service just like any other application.
The PWA development company has made it simple for them by developing cutting-edge mobility solutions, from the development of the best enterprise mobility platform to the implementation and innovation of new technologies.
We are living in a world where people are promptly using their mobile phones for accessing the Internet. Most of the crowd depends on their mobile phone to do any kind of activity over the internet. Web Applications Development services became a revolutionary service to make mobile applications usable easily and with very less effort on all platforms. Leading mobile app developers are also preferring to do innovation in this field and to make websites more user-friendly.
There are many analytical factors for E-commerce companies when visitors visit their page. Such as Page visits, Customer conversion rate, High engagement, low data usage and how to increase the total time spent by a visitor on website. PWA is a game-changing technology that represents the next evolution in mobile-directed commerce.
Why PWAs are so much in news these days?
PWAs are the easiest platform to browse just like any other native apps. They make online shopping experience effortless. Below are the reasons why PWAs are so much in demand:
- PWAs are primarily websites and accessed on browsers only. There is no lengthy process of installation like Mobile Apps. It is similar to surf a website and user-friendly.
- Another amazing feature of PWAs is, it does not look like any other web page that is opened in a browser. It looks similar to any mobile application. It also provides smartphone feature such as camera, maps and contacts.
- PWAs consumes less data and can work smoothly on a flaky network too. It can provide a seamless experience to the consumer by which they prefer to revisit the site when needed and makes them a constant person for E-commerce.
- It supports almost all browsers like Opera Mini, Google Chrome, UC Browser, Mozilla Firefox, etc. Users can choose any of their favourite browsers to access the web page.
- Even one can access through Browser, PWAs can be added to Home Screen easily for Further use.
- PWA provides offline functionality using service worker and Cache API. When consumer browses the webpage Service worker runs on background and execute the pulling of cache material and push notification. It stores new content in the browser and does the changes to the local server. This enables offline uses by providing basic navigation through the web page.
- PWA provides speedy response possible by storing the repetitive elements. This makes the E-commerce sites more user-friendly by loading of the pages in a blink of an eye.
There were many challenges Alibaba faced with any regular browser as the mobile web is their main platform for discovery on mobile. So, they have focused on design and functionality. It was difficult for them to provide a user-friendly experience on the mobile web for an engaging consumer. Though many of the consumers never want to switch to Mobile App no matter how comfortable it is.
According to Alibaba.com’s mobile unit Director, “Users consider having to download an app to browse or complete a transaction an unnecessary barrier, compared to the quick, easy solution of browsing directly from their mobile browser.”
The revolutionary step of upgrading the site to the Progressive Web App has been executed by the web application development service and proved as a parameter of success for them.
Leading Mobile App developers are constantly working on providing mobile app development service for giving user-friendly experience and to reach potential consumers. Alibaba has proved that when You desirably want to serve your customers, no matter how different approaches have applied, no one can stop you from getting success. The 76% higher conversion across all browsers, 14% more monthly active users and 4X high interaction rate from Add to Home-screen is the proof of their evolutionary success.
For more such articleshttps://digitalmarketinginsider.online/blog/